Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some Bear Cub-isms

(Bear Cub thought it was so funny when Daddy put the two halves of a plastic Easter egg on his ears. He even walked around the house for a few minutes like this!)


As I've mentioned in many previous posts, Bear Cub is chattering all the time. He talks basically all day long with me. It is so amazing to us the things he says! Granted, when he gets around more people, he tends to "quiet up" a bit, but wow, when he's feeling comfortable in a situation...get ready to listen to that boy! We laugh because he does a lot of self-narrating and likes to point out all kinds of things when we're walking, driving, shopping, you name it! So here are just a few of the funny things he says...there are so many more that it's too hard to remember! I've been trying to jot them down, but that gets difficult too. Anyway...he has his own little way of speaking and it seems to become more clear daily. Enjoy!



  • "Yeh-no" -- one day, we asked him if he wanted something and he looked at us with his "Huh?" kind of look. So we explained that he had to say "yes or no" -- so quite frequently now when we ask him something, he responds with this "yeh-no" answer....um....that doesn't always help us figure his wants out. ;)

  • "Du si in bu chair and wa show" -- here's some of his self-narration. He was saying his name (yea...his name doesn't start with a D, but he can't yet say the real sound of his first name...maybe by the time he hits kindergarten we'll get this one worked out) and then "sit in blue chair and watch show" And that is exactly what he did.

  • "Take Da-deeee to su pla" - "Take Daddy to the fun place" -- it's a bouncy house place that he is desperately wanting to take Daddy to -- maybe this weekend. :)

  • "Both guys ride in flat car" -- maybe not exactly this clear, but he was talking about putting 2 little toy guys into the flat part of his train.

  • "Granpa get baby backs" -- Grandpa Bear likes to get his "baby back ribs," meaning he tickles his ribs. Now BC likes to talk about that!
And two of my personal favorites:
  • "Oh! Shoot the ball...Mama!" -- this has a little story behind it here. One day, while driving, I had to come to a pretty quick stop and I exclaimed, "Oh, shoot!" Thank goodness I didn't use any other expletive, because BC quickly began repeating this phrase. So, thinking on my feet, I said, "Oh, Mama meant oh shoot the BALL - like basketball." Now when something comes apart, or he thinks we're having some kind of near miss in the car, this is the phrase I hear...."Oh! Shoot the ball, Mama!" Too funny.

  • "Bi-ass-tru" -- NO...he doesn't really mean to say this, but this is how it comes out and actually, he is talking about a UPS truck. I don't know why it comes out the way it does, it just does! Regardless, we think it's pretty funny and quickly come back and say, "Oh, you're right....there was a UPS truck!" Oy. :)

2 comments:

  1. With BC's "bi-ass-tru" and Bean's "dumf-uck" (dump truck) we have some potty mouth boys!!! yikes!!! :)
    Very cute! (for now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself trying to sound out each of these 'isms' to see if I could figure out what he was trying to say! He is so cute....

    ReplyDelete