Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Howdy!

All smiles with his teeny tiny grasshopper he caught...
The scientist and his fearless assistant, checking out a frog that he caught. (Is there a common theme around here? Geez!)
Dangling frog...and no, Zoe did not get it as a treat. ;)
Who doesn't love a frog on their shorts?


Hi there! Well, the last week has been filled with school, swimming, and as you can see, many creature collections! Bear Cub is doing pretty well in school. We discovered that leaving him for "rest time" might not be the greatest idea...the boy can hardly rest at home, so it's a bit more distracting for him to be in a room with 15 kids! Ha! But that's ok, I'm just now getting him after lunch. :) Maybe as the year goes on, we'll work our way into rest time. Maybe...

My work has been busy, busy. I'm still trying to get it all organized. I'm doing the job,and all parts of it, but I feel like there has got to be a better way to juggle it all. There are lots of phone calls to make, many students calling me for help, and a constant inbox of assignments to grade. Phew! I'm learning to close it all down for a few hours each afternoon to give myself a break, and to give BC some fun Mommy time. We're still going to the library, the pool, and to the park, so life hasn't changed too much for him! :) I'm just EXTRA tired at night now!

This past weekend we celebrated Daddy's birthday! It was a pretty quiet day, although he and I did get away for a dinner just to ourselves. I think I have found the perfect babysitter for BC...he loves this girl! He even told her as she walked away, "I love you! I will miss you when you're gone!" :) It was nice to have a relaxing meal and know that he was having a good time, too.

Have a fantastic day! I'll try to update again...sooner than later this next time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Is that frog inside your house??? Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you are brave to let the little 4 legged creatures in the house!! One ant here and we all scream! The only thing "extra" around here seems to be the constant "dust bunnies". Thankfully they are not alive just very annoying and EVERYWHERE. Happy birthday to W. from all of us here in MA. love, debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cousins, just came home from cousin K's house and I came on a day that all amphibians, etc. were returned to their natural habitat. IT'S THE RULE IN B.C.'S HOUSE! I can't believe the interest b.c. has in all of this. He knows words that I'm not acquainted with. (He has taught mimi b. some computer short cuts too.) He has made a book of Amphibians that he shared today at school. It was share day for the letter "A". This is PG's day for being SO PROUD.

    ReplyDelete