Hi there, everyone! Or maybe just the 2 people that are willing to follow such a bad blogger? ;)
Oh my...where do the days, weeks, months go? We are doing really well here - it's just so hard for me to update the blog anymore. I stay REALLY busy with my work and keeping up with my usual Bear Cub activities. He's doing great -- really branching out at school...in many ways! His teacher tells me he explores a lot of different centers these days and is really interacting with the other kids. I am SO happy! He seems to enjoy it, although he still LOVES to be at home. This week he had Monday and Tuesday off, so he was happy to just hang out with me (my lil buddy!) and play, play, play! He's getting into dinosaurs, creates some pretty cool train tracks and likes to reenact any of his favorite shows with HIS toys. He really is at a fun age. :)
Let's see...here's a non-poetic rundown of what we've been up to since my last update!
- BC had a "Winter Gala" at his school last week. Each class performed a little show for the parents and it was very cute. He did ok...at first he wanted to sit with me, then I coaxed him up with his class and he decided that he was going to zip in and out of the lined up kids. **SIGH** My dilemma....Do I snap my fingers and try to give him the eye to get back in place? Will that just make things worse? So, I decided to sit tight and that was the right thing to do! Once the 3rd poem started, he got right into place (it must've been his favorite one!) and got right down to business! YAY! :) We got that one on video...I'll try to figure out a way to get that on here!
- We went to the manatee center last weekend for an anniversary celebration. We saw lots of manatees, sting rays, and even 2 little sharks! Very cool!
- BC is now a speed demon on his bike and I have to RUN to keep up with the boy! The next thing will be to attempt the no training wheels....hmmmmm...maybe by summertime!
- Drumroll here...Bear Cub is now saying his "G" and "K" sounds!! :) Many of you probably don't know that he couldn't say these sounds, but the G sounded like a D and the K/C was a T sound. We learned a few things to work on with him and it's like it all of a sudden clicked! He really has to focus on those sounds, but it's amazing to see his determination at getting them right!
Sorry for this very random post, but really I just wanted to say "Hi!" and share some pictures! I hope to get more organized and back to my good blogging ways soon! :)
 |
| My handsome fishermen! |
 |
| BC really does have some decent soccer skills! He got this new ball from Santa...I need to get him signed up for another YMCA league. He's got a strong kick! |
 |
| Looking as cute as can be, going into his school the night of the "Winter Gala" |
 |
| Having fun at the "ice dig" center that night...what a blue, fun, frozen MESS! |
 |
| The performers! Yes, BC was the only one not wearing the bag vest. Oh well! Look at him, front and center! |
 |
| Coloring his butterfly at the manatee center last weekend |
 |
| Mama & baby manatee! So sweet! |
 |
| We sit down at a picnic table for him to eat some popcorn, and he bends over and picks a FROG up...immediately! I swear...he has frog radar! |
 |
I took a 2 minute phone call yesterday and when I came out to see what he was doing, this is what I found. YES...he was FINE! Just fast asleep! Wow, talk about pure exhaustion to fall asleep like that! :) He stayed like this for over an hour!
|
We have missed your blogging!! Cute pics of G. in school, he looks so handsome! I am jealous of the Florida sunshine. We have had snow here every 3 days or so...enough! Glad you found the time to blog, we love your updates!!! love, debbie
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that last picture. That is hilarious. I laughed out loud at that one!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat update!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGo BC!!! Big start to the new year! :)
Our genius has finally given in and has gone to sleep....it's a miracle....lol. Adorable b.c. Cute pictures, m.b.
ReplyDeleteSo there are at least 5 of us who read your blog. Great pictures as usual. Oh how I would love to just fall asleep like that!
ReplyDelete