...felt so proud of your child that you could literally cry??
Yah...that happened to me today. This isn't the first time, but just a time that really stood out for me.
Today was Bear Cub's 5-year-old check-up. You mention going to the doctor and he gets nervous, immediately asking the dreaded question, "Am I going to get a shot?"
Well, yes...and unfortunately, TWO.
What made me so proud? Wow...watching my big boy follow directions, not cry when the nurse took his blood pressure, undress HIMSELF to put his little doctor gown on, sit next to me, still and serious, while we waited for the doctor and read some books together, answer the doctor's questions, tell her things about himself and his interests...that little baby that we brought home from Russia is turning into a big boy right before my eyes. THAT makes me proud.
Oh, and as for the shots...yes, he cried, but he sat up, didn't fight it and I didn't have to pin his arms down like in years past. YAY! I want to cry too when I get a shot, so who could blame him?!!?
So, anyway, I'm always proud of my son, each and every day, but today was just one of those days that he was shining extra bright in my eyes. Wow...I love my boy...that's all I can say! :)
Yes, I do know that feeling. It's great isn't it? I'm proud of BC too! Love the fishing pics!
ReplyDelete