

7 months ago today...my husband and I woke up in Vladivostok and got dressed in business suits to attend Russian court.
7 months ago today...we held each other's sweaty hands as we waited anxiously for our turn to go into the small courtroom.
7 months ago today...we nervously answered the judge's and prosecutor's questions about parenthood and the challenges that laid ahead.
7 months ago today...a precious baby boy became ours forever.
7 months ago today...he was brought down the hall to us in nothing but a diaper and white t-shirt, ready for his new clothes and his new Mama and Daddy.
7 months ago today...his caregivers said good-bye and took pictures with us.
7 months ago today...we carried our son down three flights of stairs and out into the fresh air.
7 months ago today...a little boy sat on my lap, his hands on mine, and stared...wide-eyed, out the car window at the sights that sped by as we whisked him away from the life he knew.
7 months ago today...a dream came true.
I thank God every day for that day...seven months ago. I love you, Bear Cub!
I can still remember the way that orphanage looked and smelled like I was there yesterday. In a way it will always be like home to me I think, a magical place. Isn't life so strange and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet....you were meant to be his mommy and what an amazing little man you have!!!
ReplyDelete