Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Hi everyone! We want to wish you all a wonderful Easter weekend! Hope you can spend it with loved ones and enjoy the special time together. Easter is early this year, compared to last. Last year's Good Friday and Easter weekend will forever stand out in my mind. I was in Switzerland on spring vacation with my mom and sister. Our adoption paperwork was in Russia at this point and we were anxiously awaiting a referral. We had had this girls' trip in the works for quite some time, so we were all so excited to be going! And it was a fabulous trip! We landed in Zurich on April 6, Good Friday. It was a beautiful spring day there --- so, so gorgeous. Love that city! We got checked in and the man at the front desk said there was an email from my husband and that I needed to call him as soon as I could. I KNEW that this could mean only one thing...THE REFERRAL. Sure enough, as the gals and I were about halfway over the Atlantic Ocean, the call came through about a 9-month old baby boy with blue eyes and a bald head, waiting for his forever family. Hubbie was able to send me the referral pictures and video through the email. So it was in Zurich, Switzerland that I first laid eyes on this beautiful son of ours. Talk about an amazing Good Friday. Happy Easter to all! Enjoy the pictures - from then and now. :)

Here I am...getting the news from Daddy that we would finally be meeting our son!


One of the referral photos of Bear Cub. What a tiny little guy he was! We were in love with him instantly!

What a difference a year and a family makes! Here he is playing outside yesterday!


I love this photo! The sign of a true ar-teest...chalk on the forehead!This morning...he thought it was great fun to put his cars and trucks on the couch next to him. He was very proud of this!
Giving Brownie the Bunny some love...And giving lots of love to his truck/car pile...And he couldn't forget some love for Zoe! Much to her dismay...he NEVER seems to forget that!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with this angel - he is such a wonderful blessing from our loving God. I so remember that day in Zurich at a train station going to Horgen, with my angels!! What a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!!! BC looks so little in that old picture...wow! He is such an amazing big boy now!!! Congrats on this sort of anniversary... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and awesome pictures too! Can't wait to actually meet Gunnar and get one of his hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its amazing how much he has changed! and you can sure see how much happier he is now!!! he is so loved, and he knows it! <>s

    ReplyDelete