It is too funny to hear Bear Cub use some of our expressions. He mimics them almost perfectly, even down to the intonation of voice. Here are just a few that we're hearing these days:
"Oh my good!" -- meaning "Oh my goodness!" (yeah, that one is from me)
"What in world?" -- meaning "What in the world?" He likes to use this one after he's made a mess of some kind, pulled off an article of clothing, or is just acting generally surprised about something.
"Dood dirl!" -- meaning "Good girl!" He says this to Zoe after she goes potty or sits for a treat.
And a little conversation he and I had late last week, as we were walking out of the grocery store:
BC: "Neave Mama at Publix." (Leave Mama at Publix.)
Me: "What?!?! You're going to leave me at Publix? What are you going to do?"
BC: Drive Mama's truck. Mama get tookie (cookie) and new tar (car).
So I was basically being bribed with a cookie and a new car if he could take the truck for a spin. Yeah, I see how it's going to be.... ;)
Love reading these things....makes me smile! Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteThat boy bc is such a jokster! Although, I do think his desire to drive MB's truck is a "real one". I think "motor city D" needs him to get things straightened out w/new engineering! (a future job position). lol&love
ReplyDelete