Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Almost a week...no post! EEEEEEK!!!

Taking some time out to smell the flowers...
Aren't they beautiful!?!?
PlayDoh is a big hit these days!  He loves the kit his Mimi gave him for Valentine's Day!
More PlayDoh art...
Yes, indeed, you are seeing this correctly...the boy has a lizard!
He used to love for us to give him a "Peter Pan boat ride" like this, but now, he is just getting too heavy!  So we suggested he give Fuzzy and Coconut a ride.  They loved it!  ;)
Potty time!  We're doing ok with this still...it's a constant trial and error, it seems!  He's coming along!


Hello everyone!  Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted!  Our weeks truly seem to fly by and even on days when I don't think we have anything planned, sure enough, something does come up!  We've started getting back into the pool and Bear Cub is doing great.  He was a bit clingy for the first half hour or so, but he's back to playing, splashing, and putting his head under with no problem!  I did sign him up for the 2-week swim lessons again at our gym, but they are not until August.  Why so late, you may ask??  Well, I needed to wait until after his July birthday for him to be able to be in the 3-year-old class.  This class is kids/teacher only...no mommies in the pool!  I didn't think he would need the "Mommy & Me" class again this year, so I figured we'd get in a whole spring and summer's worth of swimming, then finish it all off with some serious lessons!  It seems so far off now, but with the way time flies, I know it will be August before long!  

I started wondering...why the lack of blog postings by me?  Well, Bear Cub's napping routine is a bit touch and go again these days.  Sometimes, he'll get in a GREAT 2-hour nap at home, slumbering away in his bed, and other days, he firmly announces, "I not tired!" and we have to get up for more play time.  These days are hardest because he is exhausted by 4:00 p.m. and by that point, I don't want to put him down, in fear of getting him to bed too late at night.  Other times, he'll fall asleep in the car and I'll just park under a shady tree and let him rest while I sit and relax.  It's not a very productive time for me, but it still is nice to have some quiet time as I listen to BC softly snore in the back seat.  Long story short...when there is no nap at home, it's hard for me to blog!  And on days when there's been no nap, I really don't feel like blogging once he's in bed!  

We've had a nice week so far.  Our busy Monday went well with library story time and then afternoon gymnastics.  He's a bit all over the place still in the gym, but I was proud that he let the teacher help him with some front rolls this week and even tried a couple of different, new moves.  It takes a bit for him to feel comfortable in a situation and I think he REALLY has to check a new place out...from top to bottom...before he settles in.  We're going to stick with it, as I think it's a really good program AND he has a lot of fun doing it.  That's the important part!

I did have a bit of a stomach bug this past weekend, which put a damper on some fun Sunday plans.  It was short-lived, pretty much a 24-hour thing (thank goodness!), and luckily no one else seems to have been affected.  Phew!  That is NO fun.

Well, enjoy the pics from the past week or so.  We've been outside a lot, enjoying our warm weather.  It's ladybug season once again! Not sure if you remember or not, but BC LOVED looking for ladybugs last Spring and it seems to be a continuing interest!  This year though, he is ready to catch them himself and loves to collect them in his bucket.  They eventually fly out or he finds a "new home in the bushes" for them.  He is a nature lover, that's for sure!  Have a great rest of the week...I'll try to get back to my old blogging ways!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so is our bc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is VERY cool too!!!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the post...was getting a bit worried about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those roses are BEAUTIFUL!!! who gave you those??? ;) great shots! hope you all are well! j.

    ReplyDelete