We had a really nice weekend! Bear Cub and I headed to Animal Kingdom together on Saturday. Daddy Bear had an all-day meeting to attend, so it was just BC and me on another adventure! We really had a fun time. The park was crowded (Spring breakers already??!!), but we managed. He loves to walk all by himself at the parks, but when it's too crowded, this Mama Bear gets nervous and has to buckle him into his stroller for a ride. I'm telling you...this boy is FAST and he can zip away and be gone in a blink of an eye! Yikes!
We were able to go on the safari ride this time, which was great! We even encountered a traffic jam when we had to stop on the path and let 3 rhinos cross in front of our truck. Bear Cub got a kick out of that! We saw a lot of animals and before we left, I decided that we would try to see one of the live musical shows there -- "Finding Nemo." Well, we had a long wait inside the theater before the show, which was getting a bit difficult as I ran out of things to entertain BC with. But wow, when the show started, the lights came on, and the music began --- he was all eyes and ears! It was a great performance and it kept his attention for the entire 40 minutes! I was impressed. :) What a day! We were both tired once we got home around 4 p.m.
We headed to church yesterday as a family and BC did really well in his Sunday school playroom. He actually colored some too! I think he is usually too busy playing to actually sit and color, but I was so happy to be able to bring some artwork home with us! The rest of our rainy, chilly Sunday was spent running errands, getting ready for the new week, and just relaxing.
Well, we've been to the library for story time already today and this afternoon we head to "open play" time at his new gymnastics place. It will be nice for him to explore and get acquainted with everything and everyone before we really start our class next week.
Have a great week ahead! :)
A self-portrait before the "Finding Nemo" show -- in desperation to keep him occupied, we took all kinds of goofy pictures while waiting!
We had an extra friend hang around us while we ate our lunches at Animal Kingdom!! I can't believe Bear Cub didn't lose any of his lunch...
The man...all ready to with another pair of shades on! (He loves to look at the Disney park maps that we keep in the car. He can find most of the rides we've been on and will just talk and talk while he studies his maps!!)
How fun! I want to retire in Florida so that I can work at Disneyworld. Brian isn't quite on board with that plan yet. But I wish we could go there more often! Sounds like a fun safari!
ReplyDeleteI never thought my boy would have that many teeth. Those two on the bottom were it for such a long time!
ReplyDelete