Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More school days...

Strike a pose...
Here are a couple of pics from this morning, before heading to school. The first thing he said to me when I woke up him was, "It's time to go to school!" in a happy voice, so I'd say he is really enjoying himself there. He's still up and down (literally) in the classroom, but between our talks at home, and his very kind and patient teacher, we are working on it. :) Teamwork!

Bear Cub tells us quite a bit about his school day - who cried, what he did on the playground, who he played with, and what others brought in for the "Letter of the Week" show-and-tell. He told me today that he talked to his friends and when I asked what about, he said, "We talked about my elevated trains." Wow, that must have been a fascinating conversation! ;)

(In case you're wondering...he's SO into trains right now that he knows, and can tell you about, ALL the different types, including the elevated, or "L" trains. Oh my.)

I'm proud of how he's doing and just so happy to know that he's having fun, getting some social interaction, and learning how to be in a classroom environment. His face lights up when I come to pick him up and he was so proud to tell me today, "I had a better day today! I was a good listener!" Too cute.

Oh...funny thing here... TWO different parents have now told me that their little girls always talk about BC at home. They say how funny he is and just talk about him around home. I nervously asked the other mom today, "Um, only good stuff, right??" The mom smiled and said yes. So I have a feeling that our once shy and quiet Bear Cub now thrives off any attention he receives when he does something he considers "funny." Oh boy...do I see a class clown in our future?? We'll see. I guess that's better than being the "mean kid" in class though!

Have a great week!!

P.S. Zoe continues to do well! :) Yay for that!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't he such a jokester?!!! That is so cute and I'm glad bc is starting to like school. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smiling reading this and thinking, funny how that boy/girl thing starts so you! I am sure that BC enjoys the female attention and I can only imagine what it will be like as he gets older! So handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressing the ladies with humor?! Go G Man!

    ReplyDelete