Wednesday, October 7, 2009

School time!

Hard at work...I found 2 great preschool workbooks at Wal-Mart. One has simple following the directions activities and the other is called "I Can Cut!" and has adorable animal pictures with dashed lines to practice cutting. He really likes this!
So intent and serious!
Working on a cutting activity...still trying to figure out how to hold paper AND cut at the same time!
Center Time!! This is his "long train" that he created at the building center.


Last week, Bear Cub picked out this adorable blue table and chairs from IKEA for our playroom upstairs. I told him we would be doing a little school "play time" at home every once in a while and I wanted him to have a table to work at. Well, so far, he is loving to play school!! We've been taking about 30 minutes to practice some things that he's learning at school, like writing his letters, coloring, and now, cutting. Mostly I wanted to do this for him to practice SITTING still in a chair, which is going very well! After our "table time," he gets to choose a book and we do a pretend "Circle Time" where he sits criss-cross-applesauce on the floor while I read the book. He loves it!! I'm not pushing it all -- I don't want to burn him out, but we make it fun and even end our "day" with Centers. His idea of Centers is basically playing with the toys in the playroom and then telling me when to ding a bell (me saying Ding! Ding! Ding!) and then him choosing another area to play in. It's pretty cute...and I love to play teacher once again!! Enjoy the pics of our lil school boy...he's a smart one, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of him holding the scissors and paper! Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete