Have a good rest of the week and I promise...pictures to come soon! :)
Our life became even more rich and full with the adoption of our son in July 2007. This blog is dedicated to our son, whom we lovingly refer to as Bear Cub.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Howdy
Hi there! I still need to upload a few photos from the weekend, but I'll have to say that it was pretty uneventful. Bear Cub had a soccer game on Saturday, but wasn't too into it. He'd been fighting a cold and his mood was just a little "off." By Sunday afternoon, the poor guy had rosy, red cheeks and a fever. :( It didn't last too long and after a day of rest on Monday, he seems to be getting back to his usual self. He went to school today...and so did I!! I got a call from his school this morning asking if I'd like to be a sub in a 4-year-old classroom. My first question was, "What do I wear??" I'm into my THIRD year of being at home, so needless to say, my "professional" wardrobe is less than desirable. I was able to dig through the closet and find some khakis that still looked presentable! It was fun...VERY different than working with the 8-year-olds that I was accustomed to! I only worked for the 3 hours that BC was at school, so I was glad to go pick him up and have our usual afternoon together. I didn't tell him about the job, as to not get him worried this morning, but his teacher spilled the beans! His poor little face crumbled and he started crying right away. I imagine he thought I'd be gone ALL day and that this is the beginning of Mama going to "work" for real. He knows that I was a teacher and he understands that now my job is HIM. I bet it caused him a lot of confusion when he heard that I was going to "be a teacher today." Tonight he asked me again if my job was to take care of him and I said, "Yes!" I am forever thankful that I've had the opportunity to stay home with him and hopefully I can wait until he's in kindergarten before I go back into the classroom full time. But for now, I'd be happy subbing on the days that he's in school, not changing our usual routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment