Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still here!

Hi there! I hope everyone has had a great weekend! So...back to my bad blogging ways again! Sorry about that! Last week was a busy one! Let's see...here's a little recap for ya:

Monday: BC and I went to a fun bouncy-house place called Pump It Up for some preschool playtime. He loved it! It's been a while since we've been, and I could see BIG changes in him. He jumped and jumped and really got his energy out! Trust me...that is a hard thing to have happen! Funny story while we were there... an older kid, probably 8 or 9, was coming into the bounce house that we were in and he looked right at me, and with a sly grin, he said, "I'm going to take you down, big girl!' What!?!?! I told him, "I don't think so!" and I was right. He happily jumped off, but I couldn't help but be on the lookout for him!

Tuesday: It was my birthday! I'm officially 22!! :) (ok, ok...22+10, but you don't HAVE to do the math if you don't want to) Bear Cub and I met up with Mimi in Tampa and had a nice lunch date and then a fun shopping trip at the mall. My boys later surprised me with a birthday cake and a new IPod! It's my first one and I am loving it! I took it out on my run this a.m. and it was great. I can't wait to get some more music and work on adding some from our CD collection.

Wednesday: Bear Cub played at a friend's house for a couple of hours while I ran some errands. It's great to have a friend like this so we can swap "Mommy Time" with one another and not have to pay a sitter. BC had a fun time and was wiped out once we got home! I think we also went to the pool that afternoon...that's about an every-other-day kind of thing for us, anyway.

Thursday: Hmmmm....nothing TOO exciting, I guess! OH!! Well, pretty exciting news for me...I am going to be a working woman again! I interviewed with a virtual school at the end of May and finally got offered a part-time position. I am so happy! I'll get to work from home, and at first, I will just be grading support for another virtual teacher. My goal is to get into a full-time position (it will still be at home, just a full-load of students and run of the course, etc.) and that should happen within a few months. I go to training in just a few weeks and will get started right away after that! I have been wanting one of these jobs for well over a year now...well, pretty much after my sis-in-law got hired on, so I am thrilled to finally be on board! I'm ready to work again, but not so ready to leave the house and be away from Bear Cub's activities and all. This will be the best of both worlds for me! Yay! :)

Friday: We loaded up and headed to Mimi's once I got a call that my other sis-in-law could get me in for a haircut. I don't pass up on that! We had a great time swimming and playing until it was my hair appt. time and then we spent the night. Always a good time!

Saturday: We got back home and ran to Home Depot with Daddy to buy PAINT!! Today is actually our year anniversary in this "new" house of ours. SO hard to believe a year has gone by! It was a quick one. So, we are currently working on painting our den a very pretty, cheery green color. I'll post pics once it's all done and organized again. We love it though! So, that's pretty much what we're working on today, after a bunch of errands and a trip to the library this morning. Phew! Busy times!

I also have to comment that today is the year anniversary of our dear Grandpa S. (BC's great)'s passing away. I will say that there are not too many days that go by where we don't think of him. He is missed today just as much as he was a year ago on this day. I know he smiles down on us all though! :)

I promise to get pics up soon! Sorry for my bad blogging. Busy times! Have a great day! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! That just sounds like the perfect situation for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! You will be even more busier now. But I know you are excited about it.

    ReplyDelete