Saturday, July 23, 2011

5-year-old fun :)

Hi there!  Well, now that Bear Cub is almost 5 years and one month old, I figured I'd post some b-day pics of the boy!  I feel like we have been celebrating his birthday for about 6 months now!  Ha!  Of course, his BIG HOOPLA! birthday party was back in June with his friends from school, but we celebrated big on his birthday too.  He awoke to balloons and decorations in the kitchen and all over his bedroom door.  Of course, he went right for the presents first thing!  We headed to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, then on to the zoo!  It was the perfect zoo day... slightly overcast which = NO CROWDS. It was great!  After a couple of fun hours there, we came home and then Aunt S, Uncle T, and cousin A came over for some swim time and then a birthday dinner out at Chilis.  The kids were great and BC was excited for the restaurant crew to sing to him!  Although we were all stuffed, we came home and dug into the snake shaped cake that I had made.  It turned out pretty cute...although I learned my lesson...don't leave an already-iced cake sitting on top of the stove and then cook a pizza in the oven.  That bit of heat made some of the icing melt away, but oh well!  It still looked snake-y enough and was delicious, too!  (If I do say so myself! )

Since then, BC has been busy going to summer camp at his school 3 mornings a week and has been doing really well.  He's making some new friends...at school and in the neighborhood too!  We've had some great pool playdates with some friends and a couple of trips up to our town square area to play in the fountain splash zone.  We stay busy!  We also hit the library once a week and he is now registered for Monday evening gymnastics class!  He had his first class last week and we were so proud of how well he did!  It's a full hour class, so that is a LONG time for him to stay focused and wait his turn for so many things!  He had fun, so I hope he'll continue to enjoy it!  :)

Have a great rest of the weekend!!  Will try and post again soon...enjoy the pics!  :)
















 A big hug or choke-hold?  No worries...no one was harmed in the taking of this picture!  ;)

 Doing some science work...making the crystals that Mimi gave him!  So cool!
That's our first crystal!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cake you made! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great pictures. BC looks like a big kid now. He is soooo handsome! Glad you decided to keep the blog going. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five years old just does not seem possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome update! You guys sure know how to make everyday a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures..bc's snake cake is so cute..you should be so proud of yourself mb!

    ReplyDelete