February has been busy! Bear Cub has been doing really well at school, which we are so proud of! We went to his "Kindergarten Round-Up" where we got to check out the local elementary school and learn more about it. I think he's even a little excited about it! The classrooms look great, the school is very nice, and it's within walking distance of our house! How crazy to not get in the car everyday to drop-off and pick-up! The kids even got to go through the lunch line and get a little snack during the event. I think BC was pretty impressed. :)
We've made some trip to the zoo and aquarium, swam in our community pool, and even ran in a road race! Bear Cub earned a finisher's medal for this one and was happy about that! Maybe a future track star? I've been sick the last week or so and finally went to the doctor. My first diagnosis of bronchitis! Once I started taking some medication, I felt better! Still working on getting my voice back fully, but that continues to improve each day. I'm glad to have my full energy back! Luckily no one else in the house has gotten what I had, so I'm happy about that. I thought we were going to make it with no illness this winter!
We're getting ready for a spring break road trip to Indiana in a couple of weeks. Wondering how BC will do? We have some fun stops planned along the way, so that should help!!
Enjoy the pictures! And hopefully I'll get back to my better blogging ways soon. My work has been busy and we've entered "senior season," where 12th graders are just NOW registering for this required class for graduation. It's stressful for me knowing they have to finish my course in order to graduate this year! Sometimes, they can be the least motivated...which makes my job even harder! Ugh! For those of you with high school aged kids....a word of advice...stay on top of the guidance counselors to make sure your child has everything necessary for graduation BEFORE the senior year! OY!
Happy Sunday!
Zoe has been extra lovey lately and will snuggle up like this! How precious is she?!? I love that girl so much!
A few weeks back we met up with some of our friends from Clermont - here's BC with one of the boys. We had a great time! (Don't they look like they could brothers?)
That SAME day we went to the zoo, BC had a cooking birthday party to go to for a classmate. It was at Young Chef's Academy and the kids got to make their own little pizzas. It was so well-organized and really fun! Bear Cub enjoyed it! :)
Cutie-pie mini chef
Kneading the dough...
Ta-da! Yum!
Some fun at the beach a few weekends ago...
BC loves this little gal, too. They are best buds!
Recent artwork he brought home from school...done all on his own. His explanation, "Two green anoles, dewlaps flashing, sitting on a log and watching the water snake." I was super impressed with this!
Yesterday's road race - 1/2 mile kids run!
Great pictures! Especially like the ones with BC and Zoe!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy month! BC looks more grown up with every post you post. Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures m.b..... b.c. is one VERY fortunate little guy to have you as his mama. cute, cute, cute, cute CUTE (all of you). pg
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pics!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBC looks bigger!
love,
"Auntie E" :)