Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time keeps on a-marchin'...

Check that out!
Just a cute profile shot of him smiling!

Wow, I can't believe it's Thursday already! The weeks really fly by for Bear Cub and me. Sometimes, I can't really even remember what we've done - all I know is that we're constantly on the go...whether it be inside the house or out. :)


This week has been a good one. Here's a little recap for you:

Monday: It was back to library for our weekly story time. Our usual "reader" is out on maternity leave, so it wasn't quite the same, but BC still had a good time. I'll just be happy when she comes back at the end of October!

Tuesday: Hmmmm....one of those days that I can't quite remember. Oh! We did go to the gym again and BC did just fine in the playroom. And of course! We had our gymnastics class, too. He enjoys it and just thinks it is HYSTERICAL to run away from the circle time and see me chase him. I wonder how many calories I burn while we're there?? A LOT!


Wednesday: We met up with BC's friend, Emmy, at a local park. We had a great time! It's a park that we hadn't been to yet, so it was fun to have somewhere different to go. Our weather was beautiful yesterday -- pleasant and even slightly cool in the shade -- so it was the perfect park day. BC and Emmy had a lot of fun -- they each played with some tractors that we had and did lots of scooping and digging in the dirt. By the end of our play time, it looked like BC had been working in a coal mine all morning. He loved it!


Today: Well, yesterday afternoon I noticed he had a drippy nose and lo and behold, he has a full-blown cold today. :( I guess that's probably one of the side effects from taking him to the gym's playroom (even though we wash hands as soon as we walk out of there!). He's a little under the weather today and I'm hoping things perk up for him soon. We have a fun weekend ahead - going to the beach for 2 nights with Grandma, Grandpa, aunts and uncles! So today we're taking it easy at home, in hopes of a recovery for our big weekend ahead.


Potty training continues - at least on and off, as he shows interest. Yesterday at Target we bought some "big kid" pants -- really, just the cotton training pants, so he was pretty excited about those. He wore one pair for a while yesterday around home (until the inevitable happened). AND then...he went on the potty again! Daddy had a great idea -- telling him that he was a fireman and that that there was a fire in the toilet. Wouldn't you know....that boy put the fire out! ;) We've tried that twice today already and had success each time. Yeah! We then do the "potty dance" and BC runs bare-bunned to the pantry where he knows his "special treats" are. We're making progress! Good thinking, Daddy! :)

In other news, Bear Cub has definitely begun to voice his opinion, and quite strongly at times, I may add! Sheez. We've even experienced a couple of full-blown tantrums out in public. He does this great trick (ok, not really great, but interesting) where he will put his arms straight up into the air so I can NOT get a hold of him. Then he buckles his knees, too. I get a great arm workout trying to lift and manage him during those times! All I can do is smile politely at the people as we go screaming and flailing past. Hey, if they are a mom or a dad, I know good and well they've been there, too! :)


He's also been bossing Zoe around. Poor little girl. He's never mean with her at all, but now he'll just tell her to "Come on, Zah!" or "Get down, Zo-zo!" But of course, he still wants her approval on all new things and loves to copy her. He likes to kick the grass back (like she does after she does her business) and roll around in the grass with her, too. They really are best buds. Just now...he thinks he's in control. And the scary thing is....sometimes I feel like he is!


Hello TWOS, we have officially arrived! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment