Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reading time


Yesterday morning, Bear Cub collected some of his favorite trucks and vehicles and headed into his tent.  He then came out and gathered a few books.  He proceeded to sit down and say, "Now read books to your (he means "my") babies."  So he sat there, turning the pages so carefully, and read to his babies.  And the greatest thing is this...he actually has most of his books memorized, so he can really "read" the story, almost word for word, page by page!  It is amazing!!  

He has been into calling his trucks and toys his "babies."  I SWEAR, I don't play babies with him at home!  This is something he has come up with all by himself.  He will get them all set up in his tent, say they are going "night-night" and then try to keep them in the tent.  Sometimes he'll put one out of his tent and then say, "Get back in tent, baby!"  It's pretty funny.  :)

He also LOVES for Daddy or me to get into the tent with him.  It is a tight squeeze in that small tent!  He gets really frustrated if any part of us is hanging out.  For instance, I was in there with him one day playing and my foot kept sliding out onto the rug.  Ooohhh...he'd get so upset that "Mommy not in tent!"  So we basically have to become contortionists to make Bear Cub happy when we play in that tent!  Hey, for $10 at IKEA...I'd say we're getting good use out of it!  

Bear Cub update: He still has his goopy nose and a cough.  :(   I just found out that his friends that came to play last week have ear infections, so I'm going to have to really watch him close.  I hope he doesn't get one!  We've been so lucky...and healthy...so far!  

1 comment:

  1. Loved your blog! The question is...will I fit in the tent this weekend? erk :-( & lol. bc can read to pg. xoxo

    ReplyDelete