Mama & me after an evening trip to the pool
Mimi & BC playing a fancy game of tic-tac-toe
Getting a little love from my man on Mother's Day
2 important & special mothers in our lives!
Bear Cub with his baby cousin A. They kind of look alike in this picture, don't you think?!? Too cute!
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and a nice start to the week. We really had a nice Mother's Day, with our families here for lunch. :) That evening we went to the pool so Mimi could check out Bear Cub's swimming skills. She was impressed!
It's been a nice week for us so far. Mimi stayed 2 nights with us and we did our usual fun running around and eating out. Bear Cub had a good day at school yesterday and fun at his swimming lessons. We'll continue those until the end of this month, then I think we'll be fine for the summer. He loves the water, but now that we are in full "Lovebug" season around here, he seems to be more interested in catching those pesky bugs! And of course, they are all around the pool, so today's attempt at much swimming pretty much was lost. Ugh! He also LOVES to collect these (for those of you who don't "know" lovebugs...they are harmless little flying insects that make their lovely appearance twice a year here in Florida...I really don't think they serve ANY real purpose -- just to get smooshed on the front of your car and make a mess!) and will bring them into the house to keep as pets. **Sigh** Yes, I have one of those boys that brings in ALL kinds of creatures and then loses them around the house. The other day, I found a bunch of curled up (then dead) millipedes in his Fisher Price barn. His explanation? "I was just making a Millipede Farm, Mama!" :) Hey, the boy loves critters.
No other real big, exciting plans for us as the week comes to an end. I'm still working on my run/walk program. I'm happy to say that on Mother's Day morning, I made it up to just under 5 miles...in 50 minutes! I'm slowly working my way up in distance and really believe that I'll be fine for the November half-marathon.
Oh! I have to blab that Bear Cub is going to have ANOTHER baby cousin, come November! Auntie A and Uncle E are expecting their first baby. I think she'll find out the gender at the end of the month. Bear Cub says girl...and I think boy. We'll see! Anyway, congratulations to them...we're excited to have another baby (and so close to baby A) to love!
Have a great end to the week!! Will post again soon...
G and A could be brother and sister. That is so crazy.
ReplyDelete