Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! We really did -- spent some great family time together AND Daddy Bear and I got to go on our date on Saturday. So, what did we do, you may ask? Well, we enjoyed a peaceful, easy dinner at Chilis and then walked around our favorite outdoor shopping center. I know, I know...not very romantic, but just SO pleasant to be able to walk, talk, and hold hands as we went along. We're usually so busy chasing Bear Cub that we don't get to do such a simple thing as hold hands. We were on a mission for THE duck costume. But to no avail, it is not out there. I do believe that the costume we saw at Walgreens some 3 weeks ago was the one and only duck outfit made this year. I just know that for many Halloweens to come, I will be looking for and at every duck outfit that I come across. Anyway, I found an easy duck costume to create, so we spent a good chunk of our time shopping for those little pieces to create our little duck. Funny thing...I'd been trying to convince BC how cool it would be to be a spider, but he continually said "No! Want duck!" Wouldn't you know that when we got home on Saturday night, we showed him some of the duck stuff and he said, "Want be spider!" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhhhhhh!! Sorry, kid, you are being a DUCK. All I had to say to that comment was "QUACK!" ;)
Bear Cub did awesome with the baby-sitter. In fact, as soon as she arrived, he cheerfully said, "Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy!" and took her off to show off his cars. The baby-sitter is actually a friend of mine that I met last year at our weekly story time. She is the nanny of the kids she brings with her. She is great! We play with Emmy a lot, so Bear Cub gets to see "Nanny Amanda" at least once a week. I do believe that is why he was SO comfortable with her this weekend. I was so happy that he did well and she bragged on his vocabulary, his ability to name colors, and just what a cute personality he has. Of course, that makes a mother PROUD! :)Yesterday we were inspired to do some clean-up around home. We had eaten lunch on the porch and as we sat, all I could see was the grime on the chairs and generally what a mess it was out there. Let me tell you...it is as clean as a whistle now! BC helped me scrub the porch chairs and then got lost in the land of pretend as 2 of the chairs became boats that he loaded and unloaded his cars on. He had a blast out there and kept himself busy while I worked (Daddy mopped the floors inside....bless him!) and I loved listening to all of his pretend talk as I went along. Too cute!
Well, it's going to be a typical week ahead for US. But I do ask that if you are the praying type, to please keep my best friend, Erica, in your prayers as she is being induced Wednesday morning. Baby boy #2 will be born! Yeah!! I am so excited for her and her family. :) I can't wait to meet the new little one. And also, this Thursday, my sister is going in for surgery. I know she will be just fine, but added thoughts and prayers never hurt. Love you, Jessica!!
Have a wonderful week ahead and enjoy the couple of pictures. Our weekend was so busy that I didn't get to take too many pictures... :)
Family picture taken on Saturday before our big date.
Hard at work and enjoying our BEAUTIFUL cold front of 80 degree highs! Love it!
Thank you for the warm wishes and prayers!!! Very sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteand lots of love to J this week too...I will be sending good, healing thoughts her way. :)
LOVE the family picture!
however...did the chair cleaning picture catch a side pony tail??? Hmmmmm...interesting.... :)
love ya!
Don't be backin' that thang up like that out on your lawn, missy!
ReplyDelete