Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random chatter...

I like the title of this post because a lot of what Bear Cub talks about is just that...random chatter. He can jump from one thing to the next and you just wonder...how in the world did he get there?? It's pretty funny. We love it when he is in one of his very serious talkative spells. This happens a lot in the car. He can comment on just about anything these days!! It's really fun. :)

So... onto my random chatter....
  • Yesterday BC didn't want to sit on the potty at all! We were bummed, but didn't let him know that. Today was a bit better, as I've changed the reward to Skittles...so maybe that's the new incentive?? In time, he'll get it!
  • He is dead-set on being a duck for Halloween. Yes, I know...a duck, of all things! We saw the costume several weeks ago and I thought, "Aww...it'll be there when we need it, or he'll change his mind!" Um...negative-o to both of those thoughts. So I've learned my lesson. **Buy the costume when you first see it!**
  • He is starting to ask for more hugs at night and is actually beginning to say "I love you" to us. It is so very special, as that is something that I'm sure every parent waits to hear! His sounds more like, "I nuv you," and it is SO precious!
  • I feel as if most of my day is spent making "If-then" statements to him. For instance, "If we get your shoes on, then we go to the park." Or, "If you let me wipe your hands, then you can help me feed Zoe." It goes on and on and on....
  • He seems to be the most wound-up child that I have ever encountered. He can go, go, go constantly, which amazes us! My mom put it best in one of her blog comments...he's like the energizer bunny!
  • Napping....oh boy....I'm afraid it's starting to disappear! I'd say every couple of days we can get him to nap. Other than that, he fights it and just talks away in his crib until I give up and go in to get him. By 4:00 p.m. he can be a tired lil' monster, but like tonight, he's asleep for the night by 7:20, so maybe it's all good. Where does the boundless energy come from??
  • And...Mama & Daddy Bear might get to go on a real date this Saturday!! Woo-hoo! My friend, who is a nanny, volunteered to baby-sit, so I snatched her right up on that. I'm so excited, as it's been since our anniversary (July 1) that we've been on a date. And the best part is that I know she loves BC and that he knows her so well that things will be just fine when we leave. Don't know what we're going to do -- except that I don't have to catch any flying forks or milk cups. YES! :)

Have a great rest of the week! Tomorrow we are off to visit a friend of mine that is home on medical leave from school. Her health is fine now, thank goodness, and it will be great to see her. She also lives on a nice piece of fenced-in property, so I know Bear Cub will LOVE being able to run loose. And as for Friday...not sure yet...we'll just take it a day at a time. Although it could involve an extensive search for a duck costume....

QUACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment