Me with my Aunt Cookie and Mama before the big meal...
Hello everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving last week! Ours was really nice - we had beautiful weather, LOTS of delicious food, and great company too. It was a busy day, and a little difficult to keep Bear Cub occupied and happy amidst all that "grown up" talk and cooking. But all in all, he did alright.
The funniest part of the meal was when we all joined hands to say a prayer. Now we don't usually hold hands when we say a mealtime or bedtime prayer, but BC willingly gave his hands to us. As the prayer continued, he softly began to sing "Ring around the rosy...." and continued to finish the song as the prayer went on. It was all Daddy Bear and I could do NOT to laugh. It was just so cute and funny. He thought we should be playing a game since we were holding hands!
Now it's on to December! Bear Cub and I did some Christmas shopping over the weekend with Mimi and had a great and productive time. Today we went to Lowe's and picked out what seems to be the cutest little Christmas tree ever to be seen! (Of course, I think this EVERY year!) We have the lights strung up and will finish up the ornaments tomorrow. It's a process when you have curious little 2-year-old hands digging around in the boxes!
I'm sorry to say I didn't take many pictures of Thanksgiving at all. It was just so busy and I was worried about that bird in the oven (which turned out nice and purdy!). Have a great week and I'll post again soon... :)
Thanksgiving was SO fun with you, family and a couple of friends. The table was beautiful and the food was wonderful. That bc is as cute as can be thinking about playing while praying. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the dinner table singing!!! so funny! WELL...THAT is what you sing when we all join hands! :)
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see you!!!!!!!!