Saturday, December 6, 2008

Random thoughts...

Lil' man on the run!
"Say Cheese!"

He found a golf ball!


Zoe...looking perfectly white against the bright green grass!
Hello there! Well, today is one of those days that I'm feeling a bit of writer's block...can't even think of a topic to write about! So, I thought I'd just share some random thoughts and happenings from here in the world of Bear Cub.
  • Our boy is ready for Christmas! He loves the decorations, the music, and everything that goes along with it. Each evening, it is his "job" to help me turn on our outside lights. I do the plugging in part, and he is the official counter....1,2,3! The lights magically turn on! He's great at his job. :)
  • This morning he "helped" me wrap some presents. You can imagine how helpful a 2-year-old is with this. But he was the TAPE KING and was in charge of picking out which gift tags went on which presents. Sounds helpful, right!?!? This was all in the midst of him trying to get ALL the paper off the rolls so he could play with them, ripping tiny shreds of wrap, and unrolling a foot or more of tape at one time. Phew! It's a miracle things got done. He had a blast. :) Me? I couldn't wait to put it all away!!
  • We unfortunately started something that eventually causes some fit throwing. He has named it the "Peter Pan Boat Ride." It involves him sitting in an empty laundry basket while Daddy soars him around and makes him go up and down. BC loves it. And wants more, and more, and more.... It's quite tiring! He will go into our closet, dump ALL the dirty clothes out and drag the basket to the family room. Then he just sits and waits. We've had to limit one ride per day. Hopefully this is something that he'll lose interest in! :0)
  • Yesterday we made up a new "game." We'll stand at the end of our driveway and roll a golf ball up to the garage door and then try to catch it as it quickly rolls back down. Bear Cub loved it and he was worn out after all of his running and chasing. The cute thing was when he ran to the get the ball and exclaimed, "Play new golf ball game with Mommy!" Who needs new toys when you have hundreds of golf balls to create new games with?
  • During our spaghetti dinner last night, he all of a sudden speared a meatball and said, "I love meatballs!" Wow! Quite a statement...

And to end this uneventful post...a little news on the potty training front. He continues to go pee on the potty and can keep one Pull-Up dry on most days. Sometimes we use 2 or 3. But the pooping....having some issues there. I know that takes longer and that some kids are afraid to do that on the potty, so I'm thinking that is it for him. He will sit on the potty and then when he is about to go, he'll jump off and say, "No thank you! No thank you!" And that is that. Any suggestions on how to get him to overcome those fears? He got to pick out some new stickers and knows that once he goes on the potty, he can have them. But even that doesn't seem to convince him. Oh well. It will come in time! No worries here, just looking for some advice if anyone out there is an expert on getting a toddler to poop on the potty! :)

What a thing to be an expert in...

Have a great day! :)


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I remember his momma proclaiming, "I like cheese," not too long ago. ;-)

    ReplyDelete