- He now calls Zoe by her full name! "Zah" is a thing of the past. His language and speech have jumped dramatically lately, where he is closing most all of his words and really putting his thoughts into almost-complete sentences.
- He likes to identify boy vs. girl "stuff." We'll be out and he'll point to something pink or purple, and say in an "Ewwww!" kind of voice, "Dat is dirl (girl) stuff!" Isn't that funny? He'll also say things like, "Want to look at boy stuff!" so he definitely knows the difference!
- He wants to do all kinds of things by himself! We've been having him try to put on his own shoes and to pull up his pants after he goes potty. These things are coming along!
- This boy knows his letters!! Woo-hoo! This teacher Mama is very proud. :) We've been telling him words and asking what letter the words starts with and MOST of the time, he says the correct letter. He can also identify capital letters, so now I have to start practicing the lower case ones with him.
- His social skills are blooming! I've really noticed in the couple of weeks him trying to socialize some with other kids. He still doesn't really converse with them, but he will follow along and copy what they are doing. I see this the most at the park. He will now run away from me to play and follow other kids up the rock wall or down the slides. I'm really proud of this, too!
- BC is also participating more and more in our weekly story time! At today's library visit, he was so cute during the singing of "The Wheels on the Bus." He did all the hand motions on his own and was really intent. He's getting to be a better listener in that "teacher-student" type situation.
- He's finally starting to correct some of his misuse of the words "you" and "your," when trying to reference himself. Wow, this has been a challenge for him! But we are hearing him say "I" and "my" more often, although the others still slip in. He's getting it!
- There is not a diaper to be found in this house! He is strictly wearing Pull-Ups and big kid underpants. The last few days have been great with potty training. Still no luck with the pooping, but I am happy to say that he has even told me a few times when he has to go and it seems like he is going quicker once he's in the bathroom. Yippee!
So, there are just a few new accomplishments that we are all proud of. He says or does something cute, funny, and new just about everyday, but we quickly lose track of them. I know I should be writing them down, but it's even hard to find time to do that sometimes! Now that I finished his "First Year at Home" baby book, I'm really slacking on updating on all of his new skills and funny things he says. I'll try to get better. I guess I want to enjoy the moment, so I hate to rush away to write it down. Anyway, he's doing wonderful and is turning into such a big boy.
That 9 1/2 month old baby that we first met way back when is just a happy, distant memory now as we look at this smart, opinionated, and talkative boy of ours! Before we know it, I'll be reporting on his third birthday! Oh my....
Have a great weekend and I must say.....
IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!! ;) (Had to throw that one in....)
Happy 2.5 BC, we are so proud of you! Love Papa Bear!
ReplyDeleteYou should be very proud of your 2 1/2 year old bc...he does MANY things quite advanced for his age! (...and that's my "expert" opinion!!!)
ReplyDeleteHe is a super star! YEAH BC!!!
...and yes, it IS great, to be a FLORIDA GATOR!!!!
Happy "2.5 birthday to "Our" VERY HANDSOME and VERY SMART bc. And, I've seen him do the Gator Chomp - yes, he knows who to root for -- he's a genius, I tell you!!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I just found your blog via Nancy, Brian and Nathan's blog. We are also in Florida (Fort Myers) and have our own little baer cub from Kirov, Russia. Great finding your blog! Time does fly, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteTanya