Friday, January 30, 2009

Book Tag

Ok...I have been tagged by fellow adoption friend, Kathy,  in a book tag. Here are the rules:
The rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!

My book that I grabbed is: Patty Jane's House of Curl, by Lorna Landvik.  This is a great book, by the way...very easy to read, feel good, dramatic, romantic, everything you could want...all under one cover!

Here's my passage:
Leaning on the table for support, he stood up.
"Excuse me, gennelmen," he said, "but if I don't get to the latrine in a hurry, we'll all be hosed down."
Hank clamped a hand down on Thor's shoulder and pushed him down.  "So you're selling your scrawny body now, Faylene?? Hank's fingers drummed the pool cue.

(Oooooh....are you hooked?  Do you want to read more??  Strange to just read such a random blurb from a book...but really, this is a good one!)

So now I'm supposed to tag 5 people to do this too, but I don't really "know" 5 other bloggers, so I'll skip that part.  But if you read my blog and want to do this on your own...GO FOR IT!!  Have a great weekend ahead!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment