Sunday, June 29, 2008

A walk down memory lane...on the treadmill

I was at the gym this morning, doing my usual walk on the treadmill, when I had a memory flash before my eyes. It's short and sweet and reminded me of the time that we waited to bring our precious Bear Cub home. Before he came into our lives, I went to the gym almost daily. I was as dedicated as one can be. After we met him, I'd find myself just daydreaming about him at the most random times. These would be the times that I'd say a little prayer to myself and wish for God to send him my feelings of love that very instant.

So...back to the treadmill. I remembered today how I used to gaze out the gym's windows, look beyond the pool, and stare out onto the hillside beyond. I would imagine that every step I took on that machine was getting me a step closer to my baby, who at this point, was still halfway around the world. For some reason, this thought always comforted me and made me realize that each step in life is truly getting us somewhere. I would have walked to Russia to get him home if that is what I needed to do. I guess this daydream of mine can apply to anything in life and it comes right back to the thought of taking things one step at a time. Each step counts --- as I now know --- since that sweet boy of ours is sleeping peacefully in his crib as I type. So where do today's steps on the treadmill take me? Who really knows? But I can say that there is a bounce in my step always because of the pure joy my BC and family bring to me.

I hope you can find yourself walking with a bounce in your step today and always. :)
Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful! aunt j!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could cry, okay? This blog is beautiful and so sweet. Aren't you so blessed - bc was so meant to be with you and pb.

    ReplyDelete