Thursday, August 27, 2009

School update...

Hi everyone! Well, Bear Cub officially completed his first week of school today! Granted, it was only 2 days, but still, we made it! As you saw from the photos, he looked absolutely adorable on his first day (a mother can brag every once in a while, right??) and he did pretty darn good, I'd say! There were no tears on Tuesday OR Thursday morning and much to my excitement, he was in the SAME outfit by the end of the day as what he started in. What does that mean, exactly? No potty accidents! Yay for BC! He's getting to be such a big boy!

We all know that he's a bundle of energy, and he happily showed that off to his teachers too! He needs some practice sitting still at appropriate times, but I KNOW that with each day of school, he'll get better and better at that. His teacher seems great - very sweet, yet very structured and on top of her class's behavior. I LIKE this! Control is a fantastic thing in a classroom! Bear Cub was able to tell me what books she read, who cried during class, what he did on the playground, and the fact that he spilled his applejuice at snacktime. I was very curious to know if the provided information was indeed true, and true to his word, it was! I asked his teacher about some of the things and he definitely reported back to me accurately. I really wondered how much he would share, but I found that as each day worn on after school, I got more and more info out of him.

I am SO proud of him!!!!!! I think back to the 13-month-old baby that we brought home, the one who cried around other kids and wanted NOTHING to do with social situations. Just 2 years later, he happily goes into a classroom, waves and says "Hi!" to people, and truly tries to be friends. He's learning, he's growing, he's changing...and it's amazing to watch.

Next week, they "study" the letter M, family and octogons! What a combo! :) He gets to bring something from home that starts with an "M" --- I'm anxious to see what he chooses! He also needs a family photo, so we'll have to dig one out that includes Zoe, since he's been dying to brign her to school! Not sure if that will happen, but at least a picture can go! :)

Have a great weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment